Awaken into Spirit Experience
Designer: Luci Creative
The Fetzer Institute’s mission is to help build a spiritual foundation for a loving world. Ravenswood Studio was invited to fabricate an experience, adjacent to the headquarters’ lobby that would share the Fetzer story and convey the Institute’s greater message.
The 1,000 square foot space is aglow in vivid hues and warm tones, inspired by regional nature and connected to the Institute’s brand colors. Graphics, images, and artifacts throughout the space touch on the history of the organization, founded by broadcast pioneer and Detroit Tigers baseball team owner, John E. Fetzer, but also on the Institute’s contemporary approach, community, and outreach. The custom artifact cases are built to illuminate upon sensing a visitor approaching.
The central focus of the room is designed to encourage dialogue. A hand-carved tree, with its roots visible in a patchwork of small stones, towers to an opening in the ceiling. More than two dozen glowing lanterns, automated by our grey box system, hang from branches at various heights, holding messages from visitors. On slips of translucent paper, responses are written and placed into the lanterns for others to read.
WHAT WE DID
RELATED Environments PROJECTS
- Color Factory Chicago
- Powering Lives: A ComEd Community Center
- Emerson Innovation Discovery Lab
- Reservoir Center for Water Solutions
- The Trails: The Streets at Southpoint
- Northbrook Play - Indoor Playspace
- Sanfilippo Heritage Exhibit
- Ingalls Heritage Exhibit
- Arcelor Mittal Design Studio
- Microsoft Envisioning Center
- ZNE Display House
- Newsy Chicago Studios - Broadcast News Set Fabrication
- Corner Bakery Kiosk - O'Hare Airport
- Ciao Gourmet Market - O'Hare Airport
- House of Blues Retail - Midway Airport
- Clinics at Rosalind Franklin University