The Trails: The streets at Southpoint
Durham, North Carolina
Designer: Luci Creative
With hills to climb, tents to crawl through, and streams to cross, The Trails playspace at the Streets at Southpoint mall brings make-believe camping to a vibrant shopping destination. Geared to families with young children, the space provides engaging and educational interactive experiences with music, patterns, and colors. The colorful space includes numerous opportunities for children and their caretakers to play together, as well as seats where grownups can rest their shop-weary feet and enjoy watching their children explore.
The whimsically woods-themed illustrated structures encourage safe and fun pathways for tunneling and climbing. Wild life characters adorn through out were first digitally hand-drawn and then replicated by the paints department.
Ravenswood Studio worked closely with designer Luci Creative and Safety First Playgrounds to insure the play space was both beautifully crafted and structurally sound. The Trails is graciously sponsored by UNC Children’s Hospital.
WHAT WE DID
RELATED Environments PROJECTS
- Northbrook Play - Indoor Playspace
- Sanfilippo Heritage Exhibit
- Ingalls Heritage Exhibit
- Arcelor Mittal Design Studio
- Microsoft Envisioning Center
- ZNE Display House
- Newsy Chicago Studios - Broadcast News Set Fabrication
- MacArthur/Marquette Building Exhibit
- Montage Sales Center
- Caterpillar Visitors Center
- Beaudevin - O'Hare Airport
- Corner Bakery Kiosk - O'Hare Airport